What’s up? Nothing much with me, thanks for asking. OMG except can you believe it has been one year since we started out together? You remembered, right? I knew you would. This year has been so great. I just had to write and say thanks. So…
1. Thank you, Blog, for keeping me analytical about my writing this year. You have really kept me reading, researching, and learning. In addition to the deadlines for my various writing projects, you have helped me to stay on track.
2. Thank you for helping me connect with readers and for showing me that what I have to say is interesting to someone else out there. It’s been very gratifying to find that I have readers from all over the world coming to my blog. And strangely I am the top google result for some weird search terms.
3. Thank you for helping me find my voice. There is nothing like writing and then writing some more to help you find your voice as a writer.
4. Thank you for helping me to prove that I am a real writer and that I can keep with it. I’m glad we’ve made it through a year. Let’s never be apart!
5. Thank you for letting me say any old thing I want, without judgment. You are so great, that way. You never tell me that my ideas or stupid or any of that stuff. You’re like an electronic BFF!
So I guess I’ll just wrap it up by saying, in the words of Rihanna, you can stand under my umbrella. Anytime. Assuming it’s not raining too hard and that my umbrella is large enough for sharing.
And to all the writers out there – keep writing!